The Reiki system of healing originated in Japan, although one of the two branches is called Western Reiki. The literal translation of ‘Reiki’ from Japanese is ‘Spiritual Energy’. It is also known as Universal Life Force Energy, the energy found in all things.
Reiki is NOT a religion or dogma and there is nothing you have to believe, in order to use and receive Reiki. In fact, Reiki is not dependent on belief at all and can work whether you believe in it or not.
Both forms include the same basic features, including those in the following list:
- Safe: no one can do any harm with Reiki
- Intelligent: the energy knows where to go and what to do to help you.
- Natural: no other tools or instruments are needed besides the Reiki practitioner, who channels the Reiki energy through his/her hands.
- Gentle: the practitioner places her hands softly on the body or just above the body. Practitioners don’t use massage or manipulation.
- Simple to learn: You can learn Reiki in three courses: first degree, second degree, and third degree (Master level) classes.
- Lifelong: After you are attuned to the Reiki energy by studying one or more of the three degrees of Reiki, you have the ability to channel Reiki for life.
- Compatible with all religions or belief systems: You can receive or practice Reiki no matter what your religion. People of all faiths use Reiki as a system for relaxation and healing.
For Reiki treatments or courses, call Kitty on 0400 289 090.