SUPPORTING A MORE COMFORTABLE AND BALANCED PREGNANCY
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® support the physical changes experienced by women during pregnancy. As the baby and uterus grow, additional strain is put on the uterine and pelvic ligaments and pelvic floor muscles. With regular massage, the uterus stays well-positioned, receives good blood supply, and grows strong and resilient.
Arvigo® Therapy normalizes pelvic alignment, allowing the uterus to guide itself to optimal positioning within the pelvis. Digestion and respiration during pregnancy are also improved.
Arvigo® practitioners around the world have repeatedly found that their clients experience significantly shorter and easier labours, and midwifery-based practices that have integrated Arvigo® Therapy into their care have reported positive differences in birth outcomes as evidenced by more efficient contractions and shorter labours.
It is advisable to begin working with your Arvigo® practitioner as soon as possible to provide you and your baby with the maximum benefits these sessions can offer you. Ideally, you should schedule six to nine pre-natal sessions and a single six week post-partum session.
Note: additional supportive modalities may be recommended by the practitioner
PREGNANCY WELLNESS BENEFITS AT-A-GLANCE (BY BODY SYSTEM)
- Strengthens uterine ligaments
- Decreases ligament discomfort
- Enhances optimal function and alignment of all reproductive organs
- Supports optimal foetal alignment
- Decreases chronic muscle tension, restores balance to overstretch muscles and ligaments.
- Improves pelvic alignment, addressing sciatic and hip pain.
- Improves sacrum mobility and alignment to facilitate an efficient birth.
- Improves blood flow to mother and baby
- Improves blood flow to pelvic floor muscles
- Improves lymphatic circulation and decreases incidence of oedema (swelling)
- Releases tension in ribcage and diaphragm, making it easier to breathe more deeply
- Reduces rib pain
- Increases oxytocins, suppressing tension and anxiety and cultivating confidence for mother and her love for her baby
- Supports emotional healing of past traumas
- Helps with digestion, reducing nausea and heartburn
- Improves absorption of nutrients
- Improves elimination
This treatment is not recommended during menstrual periods, where an IUD is present, during the first trimester of pregnancy, immediately after abdominal surgery, or where an active infection or cancer is present in the pelvic region.
POSTPARTUM RECOVERY & HEALING
Postpartum is a time of physical and emotional adjustments. A new mother's body undergoes physiological and structural changes as part of healing from labor and birth and to return to her pre-pregnant state.
Arvigo® Therapy during postpartum facilitates recovery. It encourages involution to occur more quickly and efficiently. It supports the uterus and ligaments to return to an optimal position and helps bring the pelvis into balance.
Arvigo® Therapy and self-care massage may be resumed at 6 weeks postpartum to address the following:
- Helps heal Diastasis Recti
- Addresses pain from low back/sacral/coccyx injuries that can occur during birth
- Facilitates emotional healing from surgical birth and birth trauma
- Improves the potential for a successful VBAC
- Aids to reducing and resolving scar tissue that may have resulted from a caesarean birth
- Fosters healing from the inside out.
Vaginal Steam Bath
Vaginal Steam, womb steam, yoni steam (yoni is the Sanskrit word for womb or vagina), or Bajos is an ancient and well-respected tradition by traditional healers across the world, remedying almost any aspect of uterine discomfort or pathology. The treatment is used to cleanse and revitalize the uterus.
This cleansing and aromatic formula is used to introduce warmth, soften and nourish internal membranes, acts as a uterine lavage to support female reproductive health. Note: not to be used in pregnancy or acute infections
It is also a common practice to promote uterine health for those wanting to conceive as well as for childbearing years, menopausal women and those with clinical conditions. Some women do a steam as a spiritual practice as well, or to clear negative emotions or to enhance creativity.